Are you ready?

If you’re ready to see how you can change the world as an Ursuline student, begin your application below. Not ready to apply yet? Start learning more about Ursuline by requesting information or visiting today.

Information and Policies

Information and Policies

2017-2018 Student Handbook

To view complete Student Handbook please click the link below:

2017-2018 Student Handbook

2017-2019 Undergraduate Catalog

To view complete 2017-2019 Undergraduate Catalog please click the link below:

2017-2019 Undergraduate Catalog

Refund of Student Account Credit Balances

Federal law requires the college to automatically refund any credit balance from a student account that was created by Federal Title IV financial aid. Title IV aid is Stafford Direct Loans, Perkins Loans, and PLUS Loans as well as Federal Supplemental Grants (SEOG), Pell, and TEACH grants. Credit may remain on your account to be applied to the next semester charges if you indicate so in writing. However, this credit can only be held on the account during the academic year in which the aid was awarded. You may withdraw this authorization at any time. Upon receipt of such notice in writing, the college will refund any excess back to you within 14 days.

Refund of Tuition and Fees for Classes Dropped

Starting with the first day of classes in each term, students will no longer be able to change their course schedule on-line.  All courses at that point must be dropped/added in writing by the student.  Drop/Add forms are available in the Student Service Center.  All drop/add transactions require the approval of the student’s academic advisor. Refunds for dropped classes are prorated during the first four weeks of the semester.  Following is the tuition refund schedule based on the number of days elapsed since the start of the term and the weeks in the term you are enrolled in:


Calendar Days Elapsed since the start of the term Weeks in the Term
16 10 8 5
7 100% 100% 100% 100%
14 80% 60% 60% 50%
21 60% 40% 40% 0%
28 40% 0% 0% 0%
35 0% 0% 0% 0%

Room and board is refunded on a weekly pro rata basis.

Return of Federal Title IV Funds for Complete Withdrawals

Any student who completely withdraws from the College and is a recipient of Federal Title IV Financial Aid is subject to the following policy regarding refund and repayment of those funds to the Department of Education.

Title IV aid, as defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965, includes the following programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal TEACH Grant
  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford and Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal PLUS Loans
  • Federal Graduate PLUS Loans
  • Federal Work-Study

Click the link below to review the full federal refund policy guide:

Download a guide to the Federal Aid Refund Policy for Students Receiving Federal Assistance.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) measures a student’s progress toward their degree by reviewing a student’s percent of classes completed and cumulative GPA. All students must maintain SAP in order to be eligible for financial aid. To review Ursuline’s SAP Policy please click the link below:

2018-2019 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

Financial Aid Policies and Conditions


Financial Aid is paid to your Ursuline College account to cover all institutional charges before refunds of a credit balance remaining, if any, can be processed. Your acceptance of your financial aid award authorizes release of federal, state, and institutional funds to your account to pay any charges on that account.

The amount of a student’s financial aid is based on enrollment at the point of award packaging. Any change in enrollment (add/drop or withdrawal) MUST be reported to the Financial Aid Office immediately. To receive aid, enrollment must be at least half-time (6 credits undergraduate; 3 credits graduate) per semester. (In some instances, Pell Grant recipients may be eligible for their Pell Grant for less than half-time attendance. Check with the Financial Aid Office.) UCAP students are not considered 6 credit hours until they begin their second session.

Your aid is contingent upon you maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Generally, a student must complete a certain percentage of courses attempted with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Complete SAP requirements are included with the Schedule of Classes for each semester and on-line. A student will be dropped from the financial aid program if these requirements are not met.

The financial aid award may be adjusted if and when incorrect information is revealed on any of the financial aid forms or applications. Verification of this information may be requested and is established through submission of parents’, student’s and spouse’s IRS tax return transcripts, plus other forms supplied through the verification process.

If you have been awarded a Pell Grant or Ohio College Opportunity Grant, the amounts on your award may have been estimated. These grants cannot be credited to your account until the verification process is complete and the college receives confirmation from the state and/or Department of Education.

If you have been awarded College Work Study, you must work the appropriate number of hours needed to receive the total amount stated on the award letter. You will be paid for the hours you work through the college payroll, and can apply your earnings to your tuition bill if your bill is not paid in full, or use it for spending money if you wish.

Federal College Work Study students should obtain Certification and payroll paperwork on-line or in the Student Service Center at the beginning of the Fall Semester.

Students who have been awarded and choose to accept a Direct Stafford Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan must accept the loan(s) before it will be processed. New students must complete an electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN) at – please note that students will need their FSA ID and password to e-sign this MPN.

In addition, new students or returning students who have never borrowed at Ursuline College must complete Loan Entrance Counseling before loan funds can be released. Loan Entrance Counseling can be done on-line on the same website as the MPN.

Stafford Subsidized Loans do not accrue interest while the student attends each semester on at least a half-time basis. Stafford Unsubsidized Loans do accrue interest. Payment for both loans begins six months after attendance drops below half-time status, withdrawal, or graduation. Note that guarantee and/or processing fees may reduce your loan disbursement from the amount borrowed before disbursement.

If you have been awarded and choose to accept a Perkins Loan, you must complete the Loan Request Form. If it is the first time you are borrowing a Perkins Loan at Ursuline, you must also complete the following: Entrance Interview, Application Form, and Promissory Note and Annual Disclosure Forms. These forms may be enclosed or can be completed in the Student Service Center at the start of the semester.

Scholarships generally require students to take 30 credits per year at Ursuline College and to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Not meeting these requirements may likely result in the loss of your scholarship for the next academic year.

If you withdraw before 60% of the semester is completed, the Federal Refund Policy must be used to determine adjustments in your financial aid. These adjustments may create a balance due on the student’s account. Details of the Federal Refund Policy are available in the Office of Financial Aid, on-line, and are published with the Schedule of Classes each semester.

Any award of $100 or more received from an agency not indicated on this award letter must be reported to the Financial Aid Office. Such an award may necessitate an adjustment to the financial aid award.

Financial aid is not automatically renewable. Application must be made each academic year. FAFSA’s can be completed on-line at each year. The FAFSA website opens October 1 each year for the next academic year.

Financial Aid Notification Guide

To view the 2018-2019 Financial Aid Notification Guide please click the link below:

2018-2019 Financial Aid Notification Guide

Alternative/Private Loan Information

Alternative/Private Educational Loans are funds from private lenders borrowed by the student, in their own name, to help cover educational costs.  Students may want to consider an alternative/private loan when federal, state, and/or institutional financial aid is not enough to cover the student’s cost of attendance (COA).   (The COA is comprised of: tuition and fees, room and board, books, transportation and miscellaneous expenses.)   Your financial aid package (including alternative/private loans) cannot exceed your estimated COA.   Lenders determine approval, interest rate (variable or fixed), if co-signer is needed and when repayment begins (immediately or 6 months after graduation or when half-time enrollment ceases).

Eligibility Requirements

Please remember that these loans are from private sources and not funded by the federal government.  Instead, they are commercial loans offered directly by banks and lenders, who may offer terms and conditions that vary greatly from those offered for Federal Student Loans.  Alternative/Private student loans usually require a credit check and a low debt-to-income ratio, and students with little to no credit history often need a cosigner.  Also, the interest rate for private loans can vary based on the borrower’s credit score.  Additional information and documentation may be requested of you, and loan approval will partly depend on your prompt response in submitting the requested information.  Unlike Federal Direct Stafford Loans, applicants must be deemed “credit worthy” by the lending institution to be eligible for alternative/private loan funds.

 How do I apply?

You apply directly online.  Applications and additional information about these programs are available on Ursuline College’s Financial Aid website in the Loan Information sections – start at   – you may choose a lender different from those listed on our website – these are just a few to get you started.

 When comparing these loan programs, you may want to consider the following:

How quickly will I know if I qualify? 

Can I apply online?

What is the interest rate on the loan?  Is it fixed or variable? 

Are there processing fees? 

Must I have a co-signer?  And what are the advantages of having a co-signer? 

Can I defer the principal payments of the loan while I’m in school?

How much should I borrow?

How much a student borrows depends on what the student’s expenses are and the amount of other financial aid they are receiving.  Alternative/Private loan proceeds may be used for books and transportation expenses as well as tuition, fees, room and board.  If you are unsure of how much to borrow, use the 2018-2019 Tuition Expense Worksheet to help estimate how much you will need.   The maximum amount you may borrow is based on your COA.  If you would like assistance in determining how much you would owe or to know your maximum borrowing limit, please contact the Student Service Center.

The Disbursement Process

Alternative/Private Loan funds are delivered through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) at the beginning of each term.  The funds are first applied to any outstanding changes on the student’s account.  If this produces a credit balance, then a refund check will be issued to the student.  Once processed, refund checks are available for pick-up in the Student Service Center.

Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Information
A Parent PLUS Loan is a federal loan that parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow for educational expenses. It is a non-need based loan with a current variable interest rate of 7%, and a cap of no higher than 10.5%. Interest accrues on this loan while the student is in school; however the parent has the option of deferring payments as long as the student remains at least a half-time student.

 How do you apply?

PLUS Loan eligibility is not initially listed on a student’s Award Letter. If you are interested in applying for a PLUS Loan, you must apply on-line at  Ursuline College will automatically be sent your application data from this federal website. Once your application is complete, you should complete a Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) as well.  The parent applying for the PLUS Loan will need their federal FAFSA FSA ID and password in order to do this.  If you do not already have this, you can apply for one at

How much should you borrow?

How much a parent may borrow depends on what the student’s expenses are and the amount of other financial aid they are receiving. PLUS Loan proceeds may be used for books and transportation expenses as well as tuition, fees, room and board.  If you are unsure of how much PLUS loan to borrow, use the 2018-2019 Tuition Expense Worksheet to help you determine how much you will need, or call the Student Service Center at 440-646-8309 for assistance.  Please note that there are processing fees of 4.264% assessed to your loan – make sure you account for this when determining how much you want to borrow.

Eligibility Requirements

The parent borrower must be a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen, and must not be in default on a prior PLUS Loan. Unlike the Stafford Loan, the borrower must undergo a credit check to qualify for a PLUS Loan. If the parent is denied, the student will be considered for additional Unsubsidized Stafford Loan eligibility.

The Disbursement Process

PLUS Loan funds are delivered through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) at the beginning of each term. The funds are first applied to any outstanding charges on the student’s account. If this produces a credit balance, then a refund check will be mailed to the parent or issued to the student, depending on the parent’s preference.

An overview of the PLUS application process:

  • Parent initiates PLUS Loan application on-line at – we will automatically receive the results as well as how much you are requesting to borrow.
  • Complete the Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) on-line at
  • If approved, Loan Processor sends loan proceeds (net of .957%) to Ursuline and they are applied to the student’s account.  Loan proceeds are disbursed equally for each semester.
  • If there is a credit produced as a result of the loan, a refund check will be issued for that amount. The refund check will be made payable to either the parent or the student, depending on the parent’s preference as indicated through the application process on-line.
How to Access Your Financial Aid Information Electronically


Once you become officially registered for classes as an Ursuline student during your Academic Orientation Program, an account will be created for you to access your financial aid information 24/7 via the web through financial aid’s Net Partner system.  Access will be activated for all new students in early August.

To review your information, navigate to Ursuline’s web page at and choose the small link on the bottom of the page labeled myUrsuline.  (You will receive your username and password for your e-mail account and the myUrsuline system at your Orientation – both systems use the same username and password.)  Through your myUrsuline account, you will be able to see your class schedule, grades, and much more.  The Net Partner link is located on the Students Tab, in the Financial Aid section.

Once you are on the Net Partner welcome page, enter your social security number in the Student ID field and your Ursuline College ID number as your PIN number.  Your Ursuline ID is included on all of your financial aid award notices and on your Ursuline College Student ID Card.  These have already been set in the system for you so there is no need to use the First Time User link to set up an account.

When reviewing your award for the year, please make sure to view each tab – all of them include important information.  The Important Messages tab includes the amount of credit hours for the year and the housing status that your award is based on.  Please note that your award must be reviewed with any change in enrollment or housing status and a revision may be necessary.  Notify us of any changes so that we can let you know if it will affect your award.  All revisions to awards can also be viewed throughout the year via this website.

Once you start your classes, all communications to you regarding awards and/or revisions are available through this on-line system, as well as requests for missing financial aid documentation, are sent via your Ursuline College e-mail account.  Please make sure that you check your Ursuline e-mail account on a regular basis as awards and other communications will no longer be mailed via the postal service once you begin classes at the college.  If any of the requested financial aid documentation is required from your parents, please make sure that you forward that information to them since they will not have access to the myUrsuline or Net Partner accounts.

If you have any questions or difficulties accessing the Net Partner system, please stop in the Student Service Center (Mullen 203) or call 440-646-8309.  We would be happy to assist you.

If you are having difficulties with access to the MyUrsuline system, or your Ursuline e-mail account, contact the help desk at or at 440-684-6013.  The website also includes some instructions and FAQ’s at

Are you ready?

If you’re ready to see how you can change the world as an Ursuline student, begin your application below. Not ready to apply yet? Start learning more about Ursuline by requesting information or visiting today.